I gave up my car for Lent this year. I found a couple of blogs about car-free families, Hum of the City and FamilyRide, so I thought it would be the perfect time to test out the car-free life. I think I'm hooked! I've really enjoyed biking everywhere, granted I live only 8 km from work and I didn't play fall soccer this year. (That's another thing I've tried new the year, not playing soccer for the Fall/Winter season. It's been awesome having weekends back and being free to get more involved at church, but that's another post.) I'm riding Dad's 2003 Brodie Spark, a nice light hardtail mountain bike which I'm using as a hybrid commuter, to which I've added an Axiom rack from Cap's and MEC waterproof panniers. The panniers have been awesome, no backpack equal no giant sweat patch. Tomorrow, April 2nd is the last day of Lent, it's been a great 40 days. I'm especially proud of the days when I've remembered why I'm biking and spent the 20 minute commute communing with Jesus. I'm just going to keep pedaling right into #30daysofbiking.
Gear:
2003 Brodie Spark - hand-me-down from Dad
Axiom rear rack - Cap's Langley
Waterproof panniers - MEC Langley
High waist-ed compression legging - Old Navy
Merino wool long sleeve shirt - Costco
Rain jacket - Columbia
Rain chaps - Rainlegs
Indoor soccer shoes

No comments:
Post a Comment