I've been struggling lately with both laziness and frustration it has not been a high point in my life. I've been feeling unappreciated at work and lately I've let it get the better of me. Those marriage books and articles I've read are so very correct about the direct connection between respect and love. It's a work in progress and I must admit it has been a great learning experience. I've learned that in the absence of respect I respond with apathy, laziness and neglectfulness (at least in the case of work, and I would imagine that this reaction will translate to most if not all other aspects of my life). A prolonged lack of respect leads me to frustration, a short temper and a lack of respect in return. Which really starts a vicious cycle because when I don't feel respected and appreciated then I don't give respect in return and then H. picks up on that and gets annoyed which leads to less respect and everything snowballs from there.
Life has been much better in the last couple weeks since I wrote the first part of this post. I've been better focus and motivated and when my attitude is better it affects everything about the way I react which in turn influence the people around me. I've been really meditating on this verse:
Wait for the Lord; be strong and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord! Psalms 27:14
No comments:
Post a Comment