At the end of 2008 I taught myself how to knit and this year I've taught myself how to crochet so many of the gifts I give out will be items I've knit or crocheted myself and I've decide to hand make the cards to go with them. Creating anything by hand is generally a more time consuming process than running to the nearest mall to buy one that's ready made and I must admit I have not been a good steward of my time this year, my goal for 2011 will be to spread the making of Christmas gifts out throughout the year so there isn't a rush in November and December to start and finish everything.
I've finally finished planning what gifts I'm giving to everyone, we had our work Christmas lunch on the 3rd so I've actually given out my first hand-made gift. The men in my life are always the hardest to plan for but I've come up with a crochet gift for my brothers that should be suitable and located the correct "non-girly" colours of yarn. My only stopping point now is that I need a size 7 crochet hook to finish the rest of my gifts, there will be a trip to Michaels in my very near future. If all goes according to plan I'm only going to be buying one gift this year, it's a big one for my parents, so I'm happy that I've wisely saved a lot of money, and made gifts for people I otherwise may not have purchased a gift for. Hand-made cards and homemade gifts offer an opportunity to share some love and a Bible verse with people who would other wise not be open to it.
She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands. Proverbs 31:13
No comments:
Post a Comment