Monday, March 16, 2015

Secret Keeper Girl

I was able to sponsor 18 mothers and daughters for the Secret Keeper Girl Crazy Hair Tour (what a mouthful) in Lynden this month.  I used the funds that I would have spent on car insurance and gas for March and April, since I am car-free for Lent and #30daysofbiking I'm excited that this money can be used to further God's kingdom.

Secret Keeper Girl's mission is to help moms cultivate God-crazy daughters who embrace inner beauty, biblical modesty, and vibrant purity.  How I wish that biblical modesty could have been presented to me in a way that was fun and engaging.

K.B. and her daughter E. went and they said it was fantastic and would be great for older girls and adults too, maybe next time SKG is in the area I'll take a chance and attend too.  I got beautiful Thank You cards from E. and S. I'm so glad God gave me the opportunity to bless these girls and their mothers.

"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes.  Instead it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.  For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful." 1 Peter 3:3-6 

No comments:

Post a Comment