Friday, August 28, 2015

God's hand in my life

Sometimes it's hard to see God's hand in my life, I find it hardest to see Him in the present, it's much easier to discern God's influence in my life and circumstance after it's past.  Our Women's Care Group at AAC is half way through Beth Moore's Esther bible study and one of the exercises was to list ways we could see God working in our lives.

FireFit and Women's Care Group - The WCG at AAC meets on Thursday mornings, I am the only one who doesn't have a husband or kids, mostly because there aren't a lot of women who can take Thursday mornings off work to attend WCG.  Working at FireFit allows me the flexibility and freedom to be at WCG on Thursday mornings, it really is God' provenance that I was able to start attending.  I was playing soccer with H. when her last executive assistant was leaving for school, she offered me the job, I would never had applied otherwise.  There have been some rocky years at FireFit, years where I did not appreciate or enjoy the job and actively tried to find someone to replace me so I could leave.  With each attempt to leave God closed the door, keeping me at FireFit.  If those 8 years of ups and downs at FireFit were so that I could take Thursday mornings off to attend WCG and make friends with the awesome godly women there then ever moment of "down" has been completely worth while.

I'm also glad that God lead Jocelyn to call it Women's Care Group instead of Mom's Morning Out.  I'm not sure I would have felt that it was open for me to attend had the name been different.  Not that I wouldn't have been welcomed, even though I'm not in the same season of life as a wife and mother I'm very much a part of the group.  I don't think I would have been called to attend or had the courage to try to break into the group if it had been a bunch of mom's socializing rather than the group of women studying God's word.

No comments:

Post a Comment