Nicole Whitacre from girltalk and her husband Steve have just adopted Kassa and Mulunesh, brother/sister orphans from Ethopia. Praise to the Lord for a successful adoption and I pray His protection on the Whitacre family as they adjust to their new lives.
Here is their post about the finalization of the adoption.
The adoption of sibling groups is something very near and dear to my heart. As the oldest of 4 I know that even just going away for a weekend alone was logistically challenging for my parents. The only people I remember taking care of all 4 of us at the same time are D'Arcy and Sandy. I remember Granny staying with us when I was 5 or 6 and I would imagine that the reason Granny stopped babysitting us all would have been Aha's accident. I always hated going to my Uncle and Aunt's by myself and I couldn't imagine how tramatic it would be to be permanently seperated from my siblings if my parents passed away. Adopting siblings is something I would like my husband and I to seriously consider when the time for marriage and children arrives. I believe God calls all Christians to open their hearts to adoption and for me that would mean opening my heart to more than one child at a time.
For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, "Abba! Father!" Romans 8:15
Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world. James 1:27
No comments:
Post a Comment